Some questions to ask:
Does the site
- Assume that recreation and family time equals screen-time?
- Provide suggestions for other forms of family time?
- Look like an advertisement for movies and video games?
- Point to recommendations of pediatricians and psychologists and help us work with them?
- Give tools that can be adapted to your situation or have a one-size-fits-all approach?
- Represent an independent viewpoint or have a connection to the entertainment industry?
- Encourage you to make a choice based on values or “popular culture” norms?
Here are some sites you can try the test on:
Have a look yourself, add other questions that you have. Are different sites useful in different ways? It would be great to hear from you!